Flower Shop Brand “April Garden” – Embedding meanings in Brand Identity
Flower Shop Brand – Flower arrangement + Cafe
April Garden is an online flower shop brand and cafe based in Shanghai founded by 2 professional office ladies who shared common passion in flower arrangement and love for arts.
April Garden position itself as a community builder for flower lovers and to promote flower arrangement as a leisure culture and relaxing lifestyle. April Garden not only want to build a online flower shop business, but also build a gathering space and community for flower arrangement activities over a cup of coffee and cake, while connect and learn a few new things with like-minded friends.
Creative Mood Boards
The creative process of April Garden branding design begins with an exploration in the tonality and expression of the brand. 5 mood boards were created to demonstrate the different possibility of a flower shop + cafe tonalities. Leverage the analogue of different timing in a day and the mood and emotion of a lady, the mood boards facilitate the discuss of the brand position and look & feels that best resonate with the founder’s vision and target consumer group.
Multiple Meanings Visual Identity
With a couple rounds of design explorations and refinements, the final brand identity design consist of a 4 pieces of hearts that forms an abstract from of “花” – Chinese character of “flower”, an English brand name and a Chinese name.
The 4 hearts brand visual identity also embedded multiple layers of meanings and application flexibility.
- Represent the core flower shop business and flower arrangement arts
- Connote the sense of community that April Garden are intend to build, by pulling people together who share the love for flower and leisure lifestyle
- 4 pieces of heart also represents the four seasons and echo the April naming
- The visual icon could also be use as coffee stencil pattern, as well as branding monogram etc
- Use of 4 colors represents various consumers of different backgrounds yet with love in colors and arts
Robust Logotype design with both English and Chinese names
The brand name typography are construct carefully in San style to reflect the young and contemporary brand position, plus the rounded stroke and slight geometric structures at turning angles, provide April Garden a balanced look that appeal to both gender with an artistic ans airy feel.
To reinforce the Chinese presence, a simple Chinese typography are also developed to match the holistic feel of the English typography and brand visual identity.
Design flexibility for various applications
A collection of brand variants are also explored consider wide possibility of applications online, offline, social media, and physical application and brand expressions.
Latest posts by Justin Tsui (see all)
- SplashPlay water toy design - September 9, 2016
- Why less experience is better for business innovation? - October 27, 2015
- Samsung Wearable Phone with Flexible Screen - October 7, 2015