Canvaz New Brand Development & New Business Design
New Business Design and Brand Development
Canvaz is a new brand development and business design that leverage the holistic innovation processes with limited resource.
The outcome of the project is a total new business design encompass from business positioning to branding, product development and marketing communication design.
The launch series – Canvaz’s Crystal Totem – is a Housewares and Home Decor Collection inspired by ancient pottery and modern architecture. The products are multi-purpose containers and home decor items that perfectly balanced the practicality with personality.
Holistic Innovation Approach
Holistic Innovation is about integrating multi-disciplinary ideas to form a unique and own-able proposition that create values for the organisation with minimum risk.
By developing the Brand Strategy, Product Development, and Marketing Campaign ideas in parallel, Holistic Innovation ensure the elements are integrated and mutual support each other to create unique and own-able assets for the business.
Read more about Holistic Innovation process here.
Business & Brand Strategy
The Inspiration & Competition – Canvaz position itself as a design driven and life enhancing brand, with a belief that “Life is an Art, Paint it Your Way”. Canvaz products seeks to promote the beauty of creativity and craftsmanship, and most importantly to provide inspirations for customers to reinterpret and create new usage and meanings that suit their own lifestyle.
Social Responsibility – Canvaz products using durable and eco-friendly material like silicone rubber and bamboo etc., the product structure and assembly are also designed for maximum recycle purpose. Canvaz also use recycle paper for the packaging and use limited number of inks and printing in design.
Available resource and competitive advantage – A successful business & brand strategy also require a thorough consideration of available resource; to determine what are the existing competitive advantage we have and what advantage we want to built. Then to formulate strategy and plans how to achieve and sustain those competitive advantages.
Target market and consumer segment – Related to the inspiration and competition, the new brand has to determine a clear primary target market and consumer segment, so it could laser focus its acquisition and communication efforts to build loyal consumer base. For Canvaz, the primary customers will be creative individuals who loves design and artistic lifestyle, and who are dare to be different and expressing their own point of views towards life etc.
Scaleability – For any business to sustain its growth, scaleability is very important, so Canvaz’s Product & Brand design must built-in the same strategy to reinforce the business.
New Brand Development
Brand Vision – Canvaz brand is inspired by Muji + Alessi, and to combine the best of simplicity and artistic expression into a middle way attitude. Canvaz emphasis the important of a balanced life that combines a bits of zen and poetic craziness.
Brand Equity – As a lifestyle brand, Canvaz strike to build balanced west and east, contemporary, design driven product with quality craftsmanship.
Product Design & Development Scope
- Product Identity & Language – Aesthetic Language, Family look features, Proportions, Colour, Material & texture,
- User Experience – The Look & Feel, Tonality, Ergonomics,
- Technical Feature – Production feasibility, flexibility and scrap rate control, assembly efficiency, eco friendly assembly to support recycle processes.
- Story Telling – Design aspiration, marketing communication features, product differentiation that matched the new brand development strategy
Marketing and Communication
- Product Catalogue – Brand story telling and Product information, for trade shows and postage to buyers, tangible reminder
- Packaging Design – eco friendly packaging with recycle paper and limited number of print colours
- Exhibition Design – design to portrait a lifestyle driven brand image and showcase the product on modular system stage
- Social Media – Setup social media platform to build awareness and awareness on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc . Joining social media platforms and to create engaging contents is critical in today’s digital world especially in new brand development with limited marketing budget.
- Website with integrated shopping Cart – Responsive website design with integrated shopping cart to provide update brand information and develop online sales channel.
- Video Content – Leverage exhibition setting to product a simple product video for promotion use
Complexity in New Brand Development
As listed above, there are lots of activities and process required for a new brand and business development. By leveraging holistic innovation’s parallel process, a company could minimise the initial investment in budget, human resource and time, and save up to 90% of a standard processes.
This is particular useful for new business ideas that required quick assessment from the market, once you collected market responses with the business/brand prototype, then the idea could be pass to dedicated business teams to perfect and scale the business.
Holistic Innovation process help to develop and test new brand development ideas with lower investment and risk, and it require a new types of management and organisation design to enable and maximise its impact to business.
Latest posts by Justin Tsui (see all)
- SplashPlay sea animal water toy - September 9, 2016
- Why less experience is better for business innovation? - October 27, 2015
- Samsung Wearable Phone with Flexible Screen - October 7, 2015